Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Week 4 - Thing #8

I'm ahead on thing #8 because with Bloglines I've already been there and done that! I created a Bloglines account a couple of years ago and I try to read library and technology blogs on a somewhat regular basis. Recently I switched from Bloglines to Google Reader - it works well also and allows you to "star" blog posts that you want to save and go back to later.

In my experience, blogs are becoming the new place to go for "professional" reading. Instead of having to wait for the next School Library Journal or other professional journal to be delivered to your mailbox, you can find out what the movers and shakers in the profession are thinking about on a daily basis. I'm always amazed at the quality of thought put into these blog posts.

Of course, there are also"fun" blogs I like to keep up with - and these folks are just as passionate as the professional bloggers!- like Entertainment Weekly's Popwatch, the Unclutterer, and Stage Notes (Broadway theater blog.).

As for sharing blogs, Google Reader does not allow you to share your blogroll. but it does give you a public page on which to share individual items. Here's mine:
http://www.google.com/reader/shared/16266143818895262220

No comments: