Monday, August 13, 2007

Week 6 - Things #12 and #13

Rollyo was sort of interesting. I can see its usefulness if you find yourself going to the same web sites over and over. The searchroll I created was for New York Theater, since musical theater is one of my interests.

I've had a Del.icio.us account for quite awhile now and have been using it to access my bookmarks from wherever I am, but hadn't really thought about the social aspect of the site until now. I think it would be a great tool to use for creating reading lists and pathfinders or keeping up with web sites located for research. Students working on collaborative projects could easily share sources with each other.

This is kind of off topic, but a great resource that I have discovered through this program is the Common Craft production company and their great online videos that explain new technologies in "plain English." A great example is "Wikis in Plain English."

No comments: